staff (2014). %22Medical gallery of Blausen Medical 2014%22. WikiJournal of Medicine 1 (2). DOI-10.15347:wjm:2014.010. ISSN 2002-4436Millions of Americans suffer from allergies. Allergies can occur at any time of year and at any stage of life. Sometimes allergies are present in childhood, disappear, and then reappear in adulthood. People who suffer from allergies have a condition in which the immune system reacts to something in the environment, eaten, or drunk that doesn’t normally affect other people.

Allergies can have wide-ranging symptoms, not just sneezing, watering eyes, and sore throat. Some other symptoms of allergies include:

  • Recurring ear infections
  • Dizziness
  • Head congestion
  • Postnasal drip
  • Chronic cough
  • Skin rashes
  • Chronic stomach or intestinal issues
  • Chronic headaches
  • Chronic fatague

An ear, nose, and throat (ENT) doctor can efficiently diagnose and treat allergies as well as other conditions related to the ear, nose, and throat, such as tonsillitis, facial reconstructive surgery, and hearing loss (among many others). An allergist is a doctor who specializes only in allergies. So, when should you see an ENT doctor and when should you go to an allergist?

An ENT doctor is a good place to start if you think you might have allergies but you’re not sure. If your ENT doctor thinks that you need a specialist, he or she can refer you to someone who can help with a diagnosis of your specific condition.

At OrlandoENT, we offer ENT services including allergy and sinus diagnosis and treatment. Make an appointment to visit one of our friendly offices, conveniently located in Orlando and Oviedo, Florida.